- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
My birthday was so uneventful that I literally forgot it was my birthday.
Blackface is racist, there’s nothing to argue about, if you do blackface, you’re racist, if you defend blackface, you’re racist. Like WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS
DO NOT FUCKING QUOTE GAIL DINES
Every sex worker on Tumblr. Repeatedly. Constantly. Daily.
It is a *privilege* to not know who Gail Dines is and to read something she wrote that was actually not virulently hateful towards sex workers or trans women and was maybe on point for once and so to reblog it to all of the sex workers and trans women who follow you.
Spread this post around so people KNOW NOT TO DO THAT SHIT. If Gail Dines has said something correct, I guarantee you a million other women have said it better. So find a better quote and stop it with Dines.
Hey, adults of the world
How about instead of making kids terrified to ever fuck up
You teach them how to cope with the aftermath of fucking up and fix it as best they can
That way they’re not so overwhelmed with anxiety every time there’s even so much as a chance of making mistakes that they never try anything and dread making decisions because of it